Thursday 2 February 2012

The Mario Bros

Tomorrow I am again being blessed with a family visitor, this time my brother Jamie and his girlfriend Dora. Sadly only staying one night on their way to Scotland for a little holiday but still very much looking forward to it.

My brother and I are very close and strangely similar in many ways and do not see nearly enough of each other these days and I am very aware this will become worse when I move to Norway and it is one of the biggest regrets for me.

I probably should have mentioned earlier. These Mario and Luigi tattoos are 100% real. We got them a few years ago on my 19th birthday (I actually paid for both as a belated 21st present to him). They were done by Jon McKibben of Dermagraffiti, Birkenhead. A quality job he did too even if he did find my pain slightly amusing. The picture is from the same day we got them on a night out in Liverpool in some massive crazy warehouse club we have never ever been able to find again, but that's another story.
We grew up playing Mario and Luigi games, they are genuinly some of my earliest and clearest memories. I was always Luigi and he Mario so on our tattoos we have J and B on there respective hats where it is normally M and L.

After we initially had the idea for the tattoo and I never thought we would actually do it but after several years it just kept being a great idea so we went for it. It has very mixed reactions, some love it and think its amazing and others think we are literally mental. Either way, it means a lot to me and I am very happy we have it and would never wish to be rid of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment